You Don’t Need
People choose popular projects, often not because it applies to their problems.
- You don’t (may not) need Moment.js - List of date-fns or native functions which you can use to replace moment.js.
- You Don’t Need GUI - Stop relying on GUI; CLI ROCKS.
- You Might Not Need Redux - If you’re just learning React, don’t make Redux your first choice.
- You Might Not Need TypeScript (or Static Types) - There’s no question that static types can feel good. Biting into a hot glazed donut feels good. But is it really good for you?
- You Might Not Need React Router - The majority of projects at Facebook don’t even use it.
- You Might Not Need jQuery - If you’re only targeting more modern browsers, you might not need anything more than what the browser ships with.
- You Probably Don’t Need Derived State (React) - As a general rule, derived state should be used sparingly. All problems with derived state that we have seen can be ultimately reduced to either unconditionally updating state from props or updating state whenever props and state don’t match.